PERFORMANCE THRO’ CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
A REASONABLE MAN ADAPTS HIMSELF TO THE WORLD;
AN UNREASONABLE MAN ADAPTS THE WORLD TO HIMSELF.
SO ALL THE PROGRESS DEPENDS ON THE UNREASONABLE MAN
- George Bernard Shaw
* All along automobiles were designed in the forward process, how was ‘nano’ made in the backward process?
* While several organizations are struggling to get even few ‘Suggestions’ from their employees, how do Japanese companies get hundreds?
* When Nirma Detergents and Syntex Overhead Tanks were paying huge transportation costs individually, how did a simple idea from a worker saved the transportation cost by 30% to each of them by forming a strategic alliance ?
* While all the people were content waiting for four days to see the photograph, what made, Polaroid to invent Instant Camera?
* How did the rejected adhesive of 3M became as a popular product in the form of ‘Post-it’ slips ?
* When the Sony R&D team made the first ‘walk-man,’ it costed $360; Akio Morita asked them to make it for $200. In few weeks the team came back with $200 model. How did this happen?
And many, many more case studies.
Five pigeons were sitting on the roof of a building. A hunter shot one of them. How many are left?
Answer: Any thing from zero to thousands
This programme will
(i) help you come OUT OF THE BOX and accept, yes, it CAN be anything from zero to thousands
(ii) provide you with skills to generate all the possibilities from zero to thousands
Creativity, the ability to conceive new ideas and innovation, the development of creative ideas for practical uses are more essential in an increasingly competitive environment. Organizations need to encourage and develop them among their executives and provide appropriate climate where these qualities can grow and thrive.
Research has established that creativity is a simple skill and not an inborn characteristic or God-given ability. Creativity, like any other skill can be learned and practiced.
It will also teach you lateral thinking.
The term ‘lateral thinking’ was coined by Edward de Bono in 1967, and it involves solving problems through an indirect and creative approach, using reasoning that is not immediately obvious, and involving ideas that may not be obtainable by using the traditional step-by-step logic.
We shall teach you this and show you how to integrate all forms of thinking so that you can get the right results.
The main focus of this workshop is to make the participants get rid of their mental blocks and help them look at things from new view points for innovative solutions. This workshop is also intended to bring out the creative potential inherent in every person, show the pitfalls of Logical Thinking and the limitless options of Lateral thinking for Problem Solving.
* To bring increased sensitivity to problems, needs and opportunities in life
* To break the habit of mindsets and other blocks to creativity
* To expand on thinking options and to stress on Lateral Thinking
* To apply the idea generation techniques for solving day to day problems
* Innovation – Process & Methods
* Traits for Creativity
* Lateral Thinking
Participants: Executives of different functions
Duration: Two Days
Methodology: Interactive and experiential learning, with lot of exercises for promoting active involvement and participation.
Benefits to the Organisation
# Overall performance improvement by adapting the most effective ways
# Enhancement and development of competitive organizational capabilities to achieve
- During the session / at the end of each session, from the learning, an action plan for implementation is drawn individually by every participant.
- A Newsletter is regularly sent to refresh the messages conveyed in the workshop, lifelong, depending on the interest being shown by the participant.